For home workouts you do not need fancy equipment to get a body like Michael B Jordan or Naomie Harris or at least something close to that. All you need to do is perform the right exercises that target all your muscles. Full-body home workouts come with several advantages; for example, you do not need to carry a gym bag all day, you can jump right in the shower after your workout, and also it is far more simple to start working out since your environment is simple and non-intimidating.
Whether you intend to get rid of the excess fat around your mid-rift, build up the muscle in your arms or tone your abs, there are numerous home workout routines that you can use to improve your strength and fitness.
Full-body Home Workout
- Sit-stand jumps – You can use a resistance band right above your knees and a wider stance for a better glute burn.
- Glute bridge – Beginners can try this exercise with their feet on the ground instead of on a raised surface. Additionally, lifting one leg off a seat will make the exercise more difficult.
- Hip thrusters – Lift one leg in the air to make the exercise more difficult.
- Split squats – As a beginner, you can do regular backward lunges, forward lunges, and squats.
- Couch dips – If you are a beginner, do triceps dips.
Abs and Core Workout
Work your midsection and do not forget your back muscles.
- Bridge – Lift one foot off the surface to make the exercise more difficult. You can also put the foot on an unstable surface, for example, a ball.
- Inchworms – Form is a priority for this exercise.
- High plank – Hold the position for 30-60 seconds. As a beginner, you can start with a modified high plank variation by taking breaks in between and resting on your knees during the plank exercise.
- Mountain climbers – You can slow down your movement if you are a beginner.
Strengthen your largest muscle group with these home workout exercises.
- Wall sit – Hold the position for 15 – 60 seconds. As a beginner, you can start with any duration as long as you maintain good form.
- Squat jumps – Start with regular squats if you are a beginner.
- Forward lunges – In case you are a beginner, hold on to something for support.
- Squats – As a beginner, you can start by using a chair to help you in learning the appropriate squatting form.
- Wall lateral pull-downs – To make the exercise more difficult, you can use a resistance band.
- Knee up-downs – This exercise can be substituted with a regular up-downs exercise for a harder variation.
- Triceps dips – Beginners can start with triceps dips on the floor. For more advanced variations, palms can be placed on a chair.
- Knee push-ups – If you cannot do a knee-push up, you can substitute this exercise with a wall push off. This exercise can also be replaced with normal push-ups.
Advantages of Exercising Without Equipment
- More consistency. Since you are working out at home, there is no excuse for you not to exercise.
- Better control. You can easily set the pace of your workouts.
- Improved endurance. The workouts can be changed to match your abilities and this allows you to slowly build endurance.